20 things that nurture me
(thank you Robyn for showing me this exercise some time ago)
- My son: You are my universe.
- Friends: I love you. You pull me out of dark spots, and throw sunlight at me. Every day.
- Love: All-inclusive nourishment.
- Instinct: A part of me I have never disliked. My sixth sense has never failed me.
- Trees: Important creatures in my life.
- Writing: Therapy in expression.
- Art: I am moved by it, nurtured by it, humbled by it.
- Nature: My deepest respect.
- Laughter: Above all, my son's belly laugh.
- Compassion: The only way to live.
- Spirituality: A safe place.
- Imagination: Powerful self-preservation tool.
- Touch: My child's gentle touch, hugging people, trees and animals, and a nice deep tissue massage.
- Oceans, Seas: Where I naturally rejuvenate.
- Chiming tubular bells: Instant inner peace.
- Music: I can't imagine life without it.
- Smell: Freshly baked bread, mowed grass, my son'r hair.
- Poetry, Literature: I can never get enough of them.
- Water: Drinking a perfect glass of water when I'm thirsty is the best. I am among the lucky few who can open any faucet and drink from it freely.
- Sleep: When I sleep well I dream. I had my first dream in a long time early this morning.
Like Robyn says, all the above are connected and wouldn't really mean much without each other. Please forgive this non-cuisine digression in the more personal sphere. I am in that place right now, not in the kitchen. This is a good thing.