Ciao, welcome to my blog!
My name is Eleonora Baldwin, I am an American born and Italian raised, global citizen. As a food and lifestyle writer, journalist, blogger, and wanderlust addict based in Rome, I divide my time between writing food and lifestyle stories, guiding foodie adventures, and designing culinary vacations in Italy.
The 3rd edition of Frommer's Day by Day Guide to Rome, has already sold over 1 million copies since its release in January. In the complete Frommer's Italy 2013 I share insider tips and local knowledge. In the Holiday Goddess Handbag Guide, I provide interesting advice for bon vivants in the Rome chapter.
I started the blog Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino in January 2009, and you can read more about it on my FAQ page. I am the author / editor of several other blogs:
In these I write about Italian culinary customs and way of life, review restaurants, provide useful tools for parents traveling with kids in Rome, and capture the Eternal City's essence in my amateur photography.
More about Eleonora:
- Feature article on Corriere della Sera
- Interviewed by "Io Donna" - LeiWeb
- Interviewed by Italian broadcast Radio1
- The Rome Journal Interview
- Introduced! Ombelico.de Interview
- Browsing Rome with Eleonora Interview
- Authorblog | Clouds and Silvery Linings Sunday Roast Interview
- Food for Thought | Half Hour Meals Featured Community Member Interview
- The Reluctant Gourmet Chef Interview
Regular features online, include articles, guest posts and featured columns.
Let's connect! Find me on:
If you've just arrived and wish to get acquainted, here are some of my favorite posts (not necessarily all food-associated):
- E's flowers
- Among the duties of a parent
- Carpaccio, Harry's Bar Venice
- The Source
- The sky's on fire!
- Tiny heroes
- Cheeky ragazzo
- 3:32 a.m.
- A prayer for us
- Cornetto nights
- Breakfast at the Latteria
- Dinner and a Movie: Wedding Crashers
- Winters go down better with soup
Feel free to fill out my contact form with questions, comments or suggestions.